JamieBeu

Books with a Beu

Jamie Beu, owner and co-author (with his wife) of CatholicFamily.info, is a "cradle Catholic", devoted husband, and father of two girls. He is a regular contributor to his parish newsletter, as well as an impassioned defender of the faith who is able to both support and challenge others as necessary -- all in an effort to build-up Christ's Kingdom on Earth. To this end, he does a lot of reading - not just of religious books (for education and research), but also of secular books, both to decompress as well as to keep a finger on the pulse of pop culture (the better to relate to others, as well as to help restore the culture).

Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know
Meg Meeker, Meg Meeker
Hyperion
Dan Simmons
Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life
'John Townsend', 'Henry Cloud'
Boundaries Face to Face: How to Have That Difficult Conversation You've Been Avoiding
Henry Cloud
Truth and Tolerance: Christian Belief and World Religions
Pope Benedict XVI
Is Jesus Coming Soon?: A Catholic Perspective on the Second Coming
Ralph Martin
Prelude to Foundation (Foundation: Prequel, #1)
Isaac Asimov
Autobiography of a Saint: Therese of Lisieux
Thérèse de Lisieux, Ronald A. Knox, Vernon Johnson

Foundation and Earth

Foundation and Earth - Isaac Asimov This book had a lot of interest premises thrown into it. They initially seemed like good ideas to expand upon, but ultimately felt rushed and incomplete. Upon finishing the book, I finally figured out why.

When the book began, there seemed to be this forced inclusion of robots into the mix of the story. I went along with it, because I knew Asimov had written I, Robot and The Naked Sun. Upon reading these summaries, I finally understood why so much felt rushed and slapped together: he *was* making allusions to his other works.

It would have been nice to know this - maybe I would have enjoyed this book more. As it is, it seemed like a hodge-podge of trying to fit all his novels into the same universe, but failed to do so effectively.

Still an alright read, but a bit of a let-down as far as the conclusion to what started as a wonderful series.